Frequently Asked Quarantine Questions
It’s been a tough time for everyone the past few months, but we’re here to (hopefully) help you ease your mind with any quarantine questions you might have. We’ve got a list of frequently asked questions particularly on how it relates to your stay at Ovolo.
- What are the current quarantine arrangements for travellers arriving in HK?
If arriving to the airport anytime in the morning, you will head to the AsiaWorld Expo to get your sample collected for testing and receive your results later that day. If arriving after noon, you will head to Regal Oriental Hotel, Kowloon City by buses for sample collection where you will have to stay one night before receiving your results. Upon receiving your test results, if negative you will be given a wristband and then you may return to your designated accommodation for the mandatory 14-day quarantine. If positive, you will be arranged for admission to a hospital or designated quarantine centres.
- Can my designated accommodation be at Ovolo?
Absolutely! Just make sure you show proof of the booking record upon arrival.
- How do I make my way from the airport to the hotel?
The best way of course is simply to take a taxi straight to your booked Ovolo hotel. But if you prefer other methods, check out the following:
- Take the airport express from the airport to Hong Kong station exit B1, then transfer to bus 8 and get off at Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens stop. Walk down Arbuthnot road for 180m and you’ll see the hotel on your right.
- Take the airport express from the airport to Hong Kong station exit A, then transfer to bus 590 and get off at Aberdeen Sports Ground stop. Walk down Wong Chuk Hang road for 110m and you’ll see the hotel on your left.
The Sheung Wan
- Take the airport express from the airport to Hong Kong station exit A, then transfer to bus 7 and get off at Hollywood Terrace stop. Walk down Queen’s Road Central for 60m and you’ll see the hotel on your left.
- What are your sanitation standards for the guest rooms?
We have always been fully committed to providing guests with the highest possible standards of cleanliness. Now, in light of recent events, we are going full OC/DC – Obsessive Commitment to Deep Cleaning. Guests can fully relax knowing that there will be 10 squeaky clean rules and regulations which have been implemented, and that they will be in good (thoroughly washed) hands. Click here to find out more about this.
- Any rules while I quarantine at my designated accommodation?
Just as we have OC/DC (Obsessive Commitment to Deep Cleaning), we hope you keep it clean too! Ensure good personal hygiene is kept, wearing masks when needed, keeping social distancing, and frequently washing hands. Apart from that, you’ll also need to check your body temperature twice a day and record your health condition for monitoring of personal health.
- Am I allowed to leave the hotel for any reason?
Unfortunately no, but that’s why we’re here to help with our Quarantine Concierge! Click here to find out more about this.
- Who should I contact if I suddenly feel unwell?
You can call the Centre for Health Protection hotline at 2125 1111 / 2125 1122. For emergencies, call 999.