The Ultimate Plant-based Pancake Recipe This Mother’s Day
It’s time to put on your aprons and whip up the most delicious plant-based pancakes for your mum. Fancy it up with chocolate chip pancakes, lemon and poppy seed pancakes or blue berry pancakes – we got you. Follow the recipe below from Alibi Sydney’s head chef, Jordan Brogan.
- 1 cup plant based milk, I prefer oat milk or almond milk
- 1 over ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour – sub with buckwheat flour if you would like gluten free
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- Small pinch of salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond milk, mashed banana, vanilla, and maple syrup then whisk well.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients
- Make a well in the centre of the milk and banana mix, place your dry mix inside and fold together and then mix until smooth.
- Get a non-stick frying pan and bring to a medium heat, cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with fresh berries and coconut yoghurt
Fancy it up?
- Add ½ a cup dark chocolate chips for a chocolate chip pancake
- Add 30ml fresh lemon juice and the zest of 1 lemon with poppy seeds for lemon and poppy seed pancakes
- Add ½ cup frozen blue berries for blue berry pancakes