Wine of the Month
1. What’s the wine of the month at VEDA and why did you choose it?
At VEDA we are all about Aussie Wines! This time we are going ‘wine share’ about 2014 Tolpuddle Chardonnay, Tasmania! Martin Shaw and Michael Hill Smith MW (Wine Cats behind Shaw + Smith) purchased the vineyard in 2011 and are passionately nurturing Tolpuddle Vineyard to be recognised as one of Australia’s great single vineyards.
The vineyard is planted with mature Chardonnay and Pinot Noir vines! But this time we are talking about the superb Chardonnay only!
2. Describe this wine in three words?
Tightly-coiled, complex, Chablis-esque, cool climate banger! (Soz for the word count)
3. You’ve opened the bottle of wine, what would you order?
VEDA’s Za’atar roasted carrots with kale, quinoa and blood orange, maple dressing are delicious & pair with delight with a glass or two or three of Tolpuddle’s Chardonnay.
4. Give us a fun fact about where the wine originated? Like the winery or vineyard?
Established in 1988, Tolpuddle Vineyard, took its name from the Tolpuddle Martyrs: English convicts transported to Tasmania to form an agricultural union.
5. You’re trying to impress your date, what would you say about the wine?
Chablis-esque & Porcelain Boned Chardonnay 😉