Q&A with Michelin chef at the helm, Chef Alvaro Ramos
Meet the man behind Komune @ Ovolo Southside, Hong Kong’s #1 restaurant on TripAdvisor.
1. Tell us a little about Alvaro Ramos?
COMMONLY KNOWN AS EL PALANCA OR ‘THAT CRAZY CHEF’. HOPELESSLY ROMANTIC. LOVES FOOD AND TATTOOS
2. What’s your favourite ingredient?
3. What are your favourite restaurants around the world?
CENTRAL RESTAURANTE IN PERU
4. What is your speciality?
5. Where does the creativity come from?
FROM MY FATHER WHO IS AN ARTIST (KNOWN FOR HIS ECCENTRIC STYLE) AND TIME SPENT IN SPAIN
6. What’s your favourite dish you have created? Why?
THERE’S TOO MANY TO PICK FORM, THEY ARE ALL MY FAVOURITE!
7. What’s your favourite destination to travel to?
8. What makes a great hotel?
THE HAPPY PEOPLE
9. What makes a great restaurant?
THE SERVICE AND FOOD (MOST IMPORTANTLY!)
10. Something interesting about you?
I HAVE OVER 200 TATTOOS, AND MORE TO COME!