How to Set the Perfect Table for Mother’s Day
Mums are pretty much the best, that is why going all out for Mother’s Day seems more than appropriate, starting with how to set the perfect table. We asked Ovolo’s Interior Designer to give us some top tips on how to set the perfect scene for your Mother’s day meal at home!
Here are some of our tips:
- There is nothing like a table that matches! Pick your centre piece then match your tableware to match, vice versa if you are working with what you have in the house.
- Since Mums are young girls at heart – pick pretty colours! Pastels and lighter tones can go a long way in terms of elegance
- Flowers win every time – whether they are delivered to the door or picked fresh when you are out for a walk. A fresh flower can really bring a table to life and put a smile on a Mum’s face.
- The more the merrier – if there is a bigger group sitting down to eat, why not use old pictures of everyone as place cards
- Garden lovers – To accompany a flower or to replace a fresh flower, you can also bring the outdoors inside for your Mother’s day with natural textures of plants, foliage etc. This will bring a beautiful rustic tones to the table, especially if you have some mason jars around the house.
- Handwritten menu’s – Do we need to say anymore? Make the Mums out there feel that extra bit special with a handwritten menu to let them know you have thought long and hard about their meal. Even if you are just copying straight out of a recipe book!